Saturday 18 October 2008

OUR LOCAL LIGHT HOUSES!

Well somethings things about my Town.Low head is about five minutes from George Town but still a part of George Town . This is were our beaches are and our lovely Light houses as well .

This is a close up of our main light house. It has been revamped.


This is another photo of our main light house .This light house is on the tea towel that I sent to Julie for her birthday. This light house is about 150 year old .



This is light house # 2 just a small one .The building to the left of the light house is were I work .



This is light house # 3 this is just a bit bigger than number 2 .We are so luck to have 3 light houses so close to each other . I have got a lot more photo about my town so you will all have to keep checking my blog. The white light houses are the oldest ones which were built in the 1882 . These light's are called the leading lights and are still operational to this day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

How lucky you are to have these beautiful lighthouses! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cathy said...

Wow...great photos. How slack am I, I didnt realize Low-Head had that many light houses! They sure are special and look terrific!! Cathy

Unknown said...

Thank You Julie for sharing a little about your town. Love to see more about the penquin colony when they nest. Guess it's in the winter?